Thursday, August 25, 2011

Congress Tom Reed Letter to James Hall

August 25, 2011

James Hall
PO Box 638
Naples, NY 14512-0638

Dear James Hall,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. This dialogue is very important to me as your representative.

I support an "all of the above" approach to reforming our nation's energy policy. First and foremost, we must remove ourselves from dependence on foreign oil. This is not only an economic issue but a national security concern as well. In the short term we must develop sources of domestic energy to assist in removing the necessity of foreign oil.

In reference to the construction and use of wind turbines, there has been much debate in New York State and in our region about the use, construction and viability of wind as power. While you see the continued construction of wind turbines along Interstate Route 390, there has been opposition to the construction of similar turbines along Lake Ontario and along Interstate Route 90. The opposition to these sources of power has been visual as well as functional. I will continue to support an "all of the above" appoach as the 112th Congress works to remove the United States from dependence on foreign oil.

Please feel free to visit my website, www.house.gov/reed, where you may find additional information on important issues. You may also sign up for my E-newsletter to receive regular updates on what my office is doing in both the 29th Congressional District and Washington D.C. In addition I encourage you to “Like” me at http://www.facebook.com/RepTomReed or follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/RepTomReed where we can continue our conversation.

I welcome the opportunity to communicate with you; please do not hesitate to contact my office if I can ever be of any assistance.

Sincerely,

Hon. Tom Reed

Hon. Tom Reed
Member of Congress
NY-29

No comments: