Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WINDFALL DREAMIN' by Linda George

Our marvel town has the newest trend for our farm,
It's calling for current Windmills to hover my barn.
Song birds and shed bats used to fly free,
But now it's all about me!

REFRAIN

I'm getting a Windmill on my land,
It will be worth a bounty of grand.
Come see it spin, come see it roar,
If only I could get twenty more!

Checkered with the "brother of my wife",
Jacketing green envy influential in my life,
Scoring the way up in countryside politics,
Big Wind found bigger wind to prove I'm a hick.

REFRAIN

It's tough en route for the mailbox to get my check,
No unease about the family farm cutback. I'm set!
It's my bread and butter, with its strobe light effect,
In the cataract of darkness, a red light sky we get.

REFRAIN

I'll cruise Rodeo Drive and sail the Mediterranean Sea,
My teen will drive a Hummer with an extended warrantee.
I'll get massages, and shop Fifth Avenue,
We'll have a home theater; I'm now a Who's--Who.

REFRAIN

Pioneer Credit won't call me no more,
My neighbors may see monsters, but they didn't know poor.
This is my windfall; my ship has come in,
Just cause I'm doing better than you, it's not a sin.


By Linda George

No comments: