Friday, August 24, 2007

Steven M. Sick Vote for a Dynamic Councilman


You know me and my family. I'm a life-long resident and grew up on my parents' and grandparents' farms and graduated from Cohocton School and BOCES. I have decided to seek nomination as a candidate for the Cohocton Town Board because I feel that the current board is not fairly representing the interests of all taxpayers.

I believe that the present Town Board has been unethical and is catering to special interest groups. As a property owner, I feel my rights have been violated. A Town Board should protect the rights of all of its citizens, not just a select few. Family ties and relations are important to all of us but when it comes to electing town officials, we all need to vote for representatives who have the courage to do what is right.

I served three years in the United States Marine Corps during the Vietnam era and joined the US Army reserve in 1979. Following September 11, 2001, I was called to active duty for Operation Enduring Freedom and served six months at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri. Defending our country starts with eternal vigilance of your own local town government.

As Supervisor of the Cohocton Steuben County Highway Shop I have valuable experience with government agencies. Providing dependable public services requires intelligent planning and dedicated performance. Incompetent and biased incumbents can't be trusted to spend municipal revenue. Their record is a scandal.

It is time to change politics in Cohocton. The current administration has deeply divided our town to the point where family members don't talk to each other. As a member of the Cohocton Town Board I would listen to the concerns of all of our citizens and would protect the rights of all taxpayers fairly. Please support me and my fellow Reform Cohocton candidates in the Republican primary on Sept 18, 2007.

No comments: